18/04/2007

10 things I want from my HOMEPAGE (update 070418)

Hi,

here in BOLD, the Updates I made after the new Universe Upgrade (see point 10) and the new Coriander Version.
Have any suggestion ?

I wanted to list here what I really want from my PERSONALIZED HOMEPAGE and I will rate how my Netvibes Home page complies today April 18 2007 (from 10= perfect to 0=not at all). Let's go: I WANT MY PERSONALIZED HOME PAGE TO...

  1. CHARGE FAST MY DIFFERENT PAGES (TABS) (Netvibes = 7 )
  2. SHOW THE NEWS FEEDS I choose with details or not, with pics or not, with direct links or not, with immediate preview, mixing different feeds, in a small space (Netvibes =10)
  3. SHOW MY CALENDAR DIRECLTY with the choice of a Montly, Weekly and daily view, and the possibility to present multiple calendars in just one space with different colours. (Netvibes= 4 , I need to embed the Google Calendar, but I have to login in first to see it on my Netvibes. Problems with colours and sizes).
  4. TAKE NOTES with a choice with Font sizes, Style and Coulours. Http links should open directly in an external page. (Netvibes =7 with the webnote module, ok for links, some new editing choice, but only for all note. I would prefer a WYSIWYG text editor .)
  5. SEARCH every Search Engine available. Ideal would be possibility to integrate the results in just one space . (Netvibes =9 almost every thing is there)
  6. SHOW JUST THE PIECE I WANT OF ANOTHER WAB PAGE that is not possible to import (like a webcam, a personalized Ebay search,... (Netvibes =3, with external modules, I am only able to have the Upper Left corner of a web page and I have to navigate. Protopage with their "Web Page Widget" has a module that rates 10).
  7. CHOOSE MY COLOURS, MY N° OF COLUMNS, MY SIZES, MY FONTS, MY BACKGROUND PICTURE (Netvibes =8, a lot of improvement. Backgroung Image still missing)
  8. IMPORT EASILY TESTED API (Netvibes =5, good choice of API but no test before submitting them to users)
  9. SHARE ALL OR SOME PART OF MY PAGE with friends, family, colleaugues (Netvibes=7 as now I can share feeds, notes, tabs... 10 will come with the My personal Universe page )
  10. BE SECURE and RELIABLE . Secure from external attacks and reliable in time and space, with no service interruptions, full availability and backup possibilities (Netvibes=5 , nothing changed).

Those are the ten points that at the moment I can think are the most important for me and Netvibes rates 65 points over 100 ! An Improvement of 15 points in a month !! +30% !!

ENOUGH TO BE MY ONLY PERSONALIZED HOME PAGE.

Future improvements are needed on the "professional side: calendars, notes,..." as they will increase productivity.

All that to say that I stick to Netvibes.

No comments: